SMS? Why SMS?
It’s simple: SMS text message is the quickest, most certain way of putting your content in front of people. It’s not just the fact that well over 6 billion people worldwide own a mobile phone. It’s not even the fact that SMS boasts a 98% open rate, as well as an average response rate that falls within 90 seconds.
It’s the fact that people like receiving SMS messages. In an age where we’re bombarded with emails to such an extent that we have saturated junk folders, the simple SMS remains unobtrusively popular.
So popular, in fact, that 64% of people across the globe think businesses should use SMS more often to interact with customers, and 70% deem it a great way to win their attention.
use SMS to deliver information directly to the fingertips of prospects. And it doesn’t just have to be information. By all means, Use SMS to send key updates, alerts, news and announcements. But you can (and should) also send offers, discount codes, video, and surprise and delight campaigns as part of a broader marketing strategy.
SMS just makes sense. Texting is the most widely-used mobile app, with 97% of mobile phone owners using it at least once a day.
Your customers all own mobiles. There’s simply no channel that connects and converts them as immediately as SMS.
Our SMS service is divided into two types:
- Bulk SMS
- 2 Way SMS
When to use Bulk SMS?
Bulk SMS is the ideal solution for:
- Appointment reminders
- 2-factor authentication
- Event Notifications
- or any message that you don’t need a reply.
Due to this disadvantage, If the destination number replies to the SMS, we check for the last user that sent an SMS to the number send an email with the reply; a charge of $0.005 per SMS received will be applied; This means that if you send a message and wait for a reply to it, is probable that you never get the reply.
When to use 2 way SMS?
as its name indicate, it must be used when do you expect a reply on the message that you sent or you require interaction with the person that you are sending the message to. It works in the same way as your mobile phone.
In order to use this service, you require at least one phone number SMS capable from our inventory.
How to use these services?
Well, you have different options:
- Using our API; use this option to integrate SMS functionalities into your application.
- Use our web interface; just login into our portal and go to [SMS Send] or [SMS from Excel] to start sending/receiving SMS messages.
- Email to SMS. Send us an email from your registered e-mail address to email@example.com with an excel file with the next four columns:
- From number (leave empty if you don’t have a phone number with SMS enable in our platform)
- Destination phone number (required). The phone number to send the SMS message to.
- Message (required). Message to be sent.
- Delivery date (optional). Delivery date for the message in the format YYY-MM-DD HH:MM (HH = 24-hour format)
- you can download the excel template [here].